Judy is one of those friends who offers a constant source of encouragement. As neighbors, we often bump into each other on the train, and she is always a sight for sore eyes at the end of a long day. Her smile and optimism are seriously contagious. And how amazing did she look at 9 months?! This lady is beautiful inside and out. I am so blessed to have her in my life, and I know she is going to be a spectacular mother!
I had the fortunate chance to spend a quiet afternoon with Judy at her apartment last Sunday. With baby girl arriving at any moment, we both knew that times like these would be rare and precious. Like true girly girls, we chatted while playing with bags, jewelry, and makeup. I brought my camera along and snapped a few moments. Here's a peek into our afternoon, and a few words from Judy~
"My vanity is from West Elm, and it was the first piece of furniture I had picked out when Simon and I got married over 4 years ago. I wanted it to be sleek and convertible. When I flip the mirror down, this vanity turns into a regular desk, which is convenient."
"I love having a vanity because I love getting all dolled-up for a special occasion, and the vanity is where I can make that happen. But on a daily basis, I spend less than 5 minutes in front of it getting ready for work, because I am always running late! My daily routine is all about time efficiency - Blow dry and style my hair, moisturize, and lay on a light touch of foundation... then I am out the door in less than 15 minutes!"
Judy's Top 5 Beauty Must-Haves:
1. Yves Saint Laurent Radiant Touch "Touche Éclat" Highlighter Pen - "I get this one shade lighter than my skin color and use it as an under-eye concealer, which instantly hides dark circles. It also works great under the brow bone."
2. BareMinerals Foundation with SPF 15 - "Get the starter kit if you're new to this must-have-for-every-woman foundation! Not only does it even out skin tone and offer full coverage for flaws, it also enhances your natural skin appeal."
3. Hourglass Eyeshadow in Prism - "This color is to die for! I love the black shimmery color that is perfect for a night out. You can also wear this as an eyeliner when it's applied wet with an eyeliner brush."
4. Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Liquid Liner - "I cannot live without this liquid eyeliner because it has a great felt tip and dries instantly. Plus, it enhances your natural lashes and makes them look fuller over time."
5. TriLASTIN Maternity Stretch Mark Prevention Cream - "I've used this everyday throughout my pregnancy and I would recommended it to all the preggers out there! One jar lasts about 3-4 months, which is a pretty good deal."
Judy's Top 3 Beauty Tips:
"Q-tips and lotion combined create the perfect eye makeup remover."
"Don't forget to pamper yourself. Massages and facials are so important."
"Vitamins are the key to healthy hair, skin, and nails. Look for multivitamins with a Biotin supplement."
"It's always better to be overdressed rather than underdressed for any occasion."
P.S. - There are two girls sitting at this vanity :)